Archiving some of my old email, I find this blast from the recent past (March 2012) in Mac app idea form:
Postflow: A tool for social media power-users. Interactively create automator-like 'postflows' that allow you to quickly and effectively post the same bit of content to lots of different social networks.
With useful features, such as:
- Real-time execution and editing: Work through a postflow step by step, changing it and the content you're posting as you go along.
- Floating Results window that displays text and links to everything you've posted so far in the flow. Automatically shorterns URLS.
- Preset Variables: Set a list of commonly used items e.g. your URL, @twitter_name, other social network profile page URL, etc.
- Fully automated postflows (?): Set up postflows that take one input and does everything else by it's self.
- Extensive library of posting actions
- Quick Post UI: For small updates that still need to go out to lots of people. Forego some of the fine-grained control of a full postflow for sheer speedyness.
- Ability to add other networks through a plugin creator (?) will work provided basic API types are supported.
- Automated admin work: Change profile photo, description, details on multiple networks simultaneously.
The Quick Post utility by it's self could be given away as a free sampler of the more advanced full Postflow — gives people the 'post to lots of networks intelligently' ability, but not the advanced features or customisation
Hmm, that sounds suspiciously like a certain Yahoo Pipes clone I’m working on…